Re: How to print textfiles in Cygwin 1.7?

Andy Koppe schrieb:
One workaround is to convert the file manually using iconv, e.g.:

$ iconv -f utf-8 -t iso-8859-1 bla.txt | a2ps -o bla.ps
This works ok. Thanks! I will try to make an alias for it.

Please note that 'nano' also doesn't support UTF-8 yet. While entering
characters looks like it works initially, nano will internally think
that you've entered two characters when you enter an umlaut. Hence
things get wonky when you try to edit them.
So that may be why I get some strange behavior of nano (disappearing letters and such) when editing files with umlauts.

Thanks again!
Niklaus