Re: units: update, FHS compliance

On 01/22/2010 10:40 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 10:19:10AM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jan 21 12:40, Yaakov S wrote:
On 21/01/2010 05:11, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Interesting.  Especially the part about cmake.  Did you try to convince
Bill that WIN32 is not a good idea for the Cygwin distro package?

Yes, among other things:

http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=10122

I didn't manage to read all of it but, boy, sounds like a lot of work.

Yeah, I'm in awe of the perseverence shown in that report.

We're certainly lucky to have someone like Yaakov in this project.

What's all this talk about Yaakov? I mean sure, he maintains thousands of packages between what's in the distribution and what's on Cygwin Ports. And he's very active and all. But really, how much time can this take? A couple of hours a month and an occasional email? I mean, come on, anyone could do that. It's not that hard. Especially in this world full of unicorns and rainbows.

Holliston, MA 01746