Re: Cygwin v.1.7.1/OpenSSH v.5.3: Userswitching by using LSA Authentication does not work: Problem solved!

On Feb  1 10:41, Carsten.Porzler@spb.de wrote:
> cygwin-owner@cygwin.com schrieb am 29.01.2010 14:59:24:
> > > But, it is necessary, that the logon user's primary group is the
> > > Adminstrators group (544) within the passwd file. Ohterwise, the logon
>
> > > failed.
> >
> > u!?  Not on my machine.  My acount has a normal domain account as
> > primary group.
>
> It was a false alarm! There was something wrong with my installation.
> After installation on another machine, everything is OK!
>
> Nevertheless, could you care for the problem with the uncomplete output
> during executing commands directly by using SSH? Or do I have to create a
> bug report for this (as Larry Hall said in his email of January, 21st)?
>
> You solved the problem in Cygwin v.1.7.0 about one and a half year ago.

I don't know what you're referring to.  Can you please point to the
thread in the cygwin ML archive(*)?  And, if I fixed it, how come that
you're still seeing it?

And if it's actually a generic problem, how come that neither Larry nor
I can reproduce it?  I tried with an ssh client from Cygwin against a
non-Cygwin sshd server, against a Windows sshd server using cyglsa, and
a Windows sshd server using the "passwordless w/ password"(**) method.
In all three cases I can't see this effect.  From my perspective it
looks like a local problem on your side.

Corinna

(*)  http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/
(**) http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-nopasswd3

Red Hat