question about cygwin package

Hi,

I am just curious to understand how package are installed on cygwin
because from what I can see they are stored as .tar.bz2 archive.
Let's say I have a package with one exe, so it will be packaged
inside \usr\bin :

usr
  bin
    someapp.exe

however once installed it will end up inside CYGWINDIR/bin
and not CYGWINDIR/usr/bin.
I understand it comes from the fact that  /usr/bin is mapped
on CYGWINDIR/bin BUT what I don't understand is how do you move files
inside package into their final destination.