Re: 1.7.1-1: ImageMagick seems to lack jpeg support

Merek Thorondursson wrote:
The IM convert command handles jpeg images well.

Converting jpeg images with IM on cygwin works for me too. I too have never seen that notation (although it may work). I would use either '-resize 600' or '-resize 600x600' both of which would preserve the aspect ratio.

Maybe there is something wrong with that particular jpeg.  Have
you tried this on others?

If you type 'identify -list format | fgrep JPEG' is jpeg listed with rw-?

I'm a novice with ImageMagick, but I don't normally see -geometry
used this way.  I could be wrong with what you're trying to do, but
if you're simply trying to resize a test jpeg with the 600x notation
I'd guess you're resizing with intent to maintain the aspect ratio
and a final width of 600 pixels.  The command line notation I'd use
to do that would be:

convert test.jpg -resize 600x test-out.jpg

--- Merek

Hope this helps. Sorry if I misunderstood the problem.