Re: glib and gtk+

http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTWLL

On 2010-03-08 20:53, wynfield@gmail.com wrote:
Whenever I run "setup" the "view" always shows me the following two
> packages as being needed to install.  I select to install them.
> Installing them seems to happen.

glib 1.2.10-10 bin? [x] src[ ] glib ..funct lib (1.2 sources gtk+ 1.2.10-10 bin? [x] src[ ] gtk+ ....gui lib (1.2 sources)

But, whenever I run "setup" again the same pair of files come up.
> Note also that the x'd box [x] is in the "binary" column",
> but the description specifies "sources".

These are currently only source packages but each previously had a corresponding binary package which is still listed as a dependency of some other package in the distro, because the latter has yet to be updated by its maintainer since the renaming. The binary packages are now named libglib1.2{_0,-devel} and libgtk1.2{_),-devel.

Whether or not setup.exe should handle this differently, I'll leave to the maintainers thereof, but just ignore these for now.

Yaakov