compiling apache2.2.6 package fails on cygwin 1.7

Hello, we are trying to compile apache2 from the cygwin-supplied source tree using the apache2-2.2.6-1.sh script.
The reason I want to compile an own apache is that we need some additional modules not available from
the cygwin repositories. After success, I plan to publish these for the community.

I think we have all the necessary packages such as apr, apr-util, ldap, ssl and the respective devel packages.
This cygwin runs on a w2k3 server (64 bit).
The compile step goes well, in the linker phase we get an error in the final step:

make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/httpd-2.2.6/.build'
/usr/share/apr/build-1/libtool --silent --mode=link gcc -O2 -L/usr/lib -o httpd2 -export-dynamic
*/usr/lib/libcygwin.a(libcmain.o):(.text+0xa9): undefined reference to `_WinMain@16'*
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [httpd2] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/httpd-2.2.6/.build'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

The only reference to this error that I could find refers to a missing main() or Winmain() function:
http://www.bloodshed.net/dev/faq.html#winmain

But as obviously this package has succseefully been compiled under cygwin this cannot be the real problem..
Does anybody have a hint what is going wrong here?

Thanks for a hint, Jakob Curdes