Re: 1.7.1: Incomplete install

On 3/15/2010 4:03 PM, Roe, Kevin L. wrote:
What I did:  I selected the option "reinstall" at the highest level.  I
did this because I have the impression that that is the best way to
ensure that the previous installation settings are ignored an everything
in the current install package is installed.

"Install" would have been a better choice.

How should I proceed?

Should I delete the directory c:\cygwin? Should I use the setup file to
uninstall cygwin before installing 1.7.1? Are there registry setting I
can eliminate to make the installer think it is the first copy
installed? Is there an install option that is supposed to do what I
want?

To uninstall, see:

<http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.setup.uninstall-all>

Holliston, MA 01746