Re: Cygwin 1.7: Concurrency Issue with Shared State Initialization

Hi Christopher,

>>Please find attached the requested information. However I had to edit
>>it - as carefully as possible - to omit hints on the SAP-internal IT
>>infrastructure.

>Thanks.  It would be nice if we could come up with some way to make
>cygcheck not output sensitive information but I doubt that there's any
>foolproof heuristic that we could use and, if we added an option, people
>might trust it unduly.

My remark wasn't meant at all as criticism. I rather wanted to apologize
for not fully following the instructions - which I understood to say to
attach the output straight as-is.

>>The sporadic failures I reported originally were experienced too by
>>colleagues running 1.7.1 on Vista-32 and Vista-64. They too can avoid
>>it by running the Cygwin shell in another window during the build.

>No one is doubting that problems exist.  That's why we're working
>on them.

Sorry for again being unclear. The information above was soley meant to
complement the cygcheck output - which was produced on my XP-64 machine -
trying to say that the issue seems to be not tied to a certain OS variant.

Regards, Oliver