Re: FW: special font characters in rxvt

On 3/25/2010 2:27 PM, Gary Spivey wrote:

I am running Cygwin on Windows 7. When I use the bash terminal, all of the font characters look fine â man pages render with color and bold. However, when I use rxvt, I cannot seem to find a font/terminal setting that will render fonts properly. I get a lot of gobbeldy-gook in rxvt. For example, When I do a make and get an error, the bash shell shows â

â)â

While the rxvt window shows

ÃâË)Ãâ

Can anybody help me set up the rxvt terminal to display fonts like the
normal cygwin bash terminal?

Is it any better if you use mintty instead of poor old decrepit rxvt?

Holliston, MA 01746