Re: unable to set icrnl (stty -F /dev/ttyS2 icrnl) for an ftdi device

On 4/3/2010 5:55 PM, Robrecht Dewaele wrote:
>> I'm using cygwin 1.7.2 on Windows 7, and I am unable to set the icrnl flag for >> /dev/ttyS2 as shown at the bottom of my message. The device attached to ttyS2 is a ARM development board which uses an ftdi chip for serial communication over USB.
>> (The device is connected with USB, and the driver creates a virtual com port.)

> Are you running them as Administrator? (UAC or no UAC, this matters.)
> --
> ~
> Morgan Gangwere

Yes, the user account I'm running this on is an administrator account.
Running cygwin as administrator (with right-click, run as ...) does not change
the behavior.

I must add that I am able to successfully change the baud rate, but not able to
change most of the other flags. Changing icrnl does not render an error, but
still nothing changed (see below).

(this is on a Windows 7 VM, other HW is the same)
robbe@eagle764 ~
$ stty -F /dev/ttyS2 onlcr

robbe@eagle764 ~
$ stty -F /dev/ttyS2
speed 9600 baud; line = 0;
lnext = <undef>; flush = <undef>; min = 0; time = 0;
-cread
-brkint -icrnl -imaxbel
-opost -onlcr
-isig -icanon -iexten -echo -echoe -echok -echoctl -echoke