Re: MySQL client, prompt, redux

Jeremy Bopp <jeremy@bopp.net> was heard to say:

real Windows console which mintty and rxvt are unable to provide.  If
there is no mysql package in the Cygwin repository, have you tried to
see if Cygwin Ports has a Cygwin-native build which will work for you?

This is just to confirm, for the sake of the archive's completeness, that Cygwin Ports has builds, or patch sets if you prefer to build them from scratch, and that these Cygwin builds provide a working command prompt. The only downside is that I don't seem to be able to connect through a socket, so I always have to use the network layer (via the -h hostname option) to connect to my local server.

regards,
Markus

-- Markus Hoenicka http://www.mhoenicka.de AQ score 38