Re: gcc: building gcc-4.5.0 for Cygwin

On 20/04/2010 20:28, Paul Bibbings wrote:

> (BTW.  I'm guessing by "That'd be my fault" that you're working on gcc
> upstream?)

  I certainly am; my long-term goal is a) to synchronize upstream and
downstream so that in the end there are no cygwin-specific patches needed and
anyone can just build the plain sources from upstream and get a fully
compatible compiler that generates fully compatible executables, and b) to add
any missing support so that we can get features like LTO and graphite working.

  I think we're fairly close to there already, but there might be some minor
incompatibilities in odd corners of C++ related to typeinfos and dynamic
typecasts.

    cheers,
      DaveK