Re: PLEASE TEST YOUR FS (was Re: 1.7.1: cvs version built in is unstable)

On Apr  7 19:27, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Apr  7 19:06, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > On Apr  7 09:06, Roe, Kevin L. wrote:
> > > Corinna,
> > >
> > > My problem system is the netapp you previously in this thread helped me with (the issue with the cp command).  It is not a Samba system.
> >
> > Ok, back to square one.  I add the problem to my TODO list.  We need a
> > way to allow only DOS filenames on crippled filesystems.  Since I don't
> > have such a filesystem myself, I'll need to come back to you for testing
> > at one point.
>
> Btw.
>
> Can anybody reproduce this problem with trailing dots and spaces in
> filenames on other filesytems than netapp?
>
> It would be quite helpful to get feedback from people using filesystems
> which are recognized by Cygwin as nwfs, unixfs, mvfs, or cifs.
>
> For testing, try to create *in Cygwin* a file called "foo." and a file
> " foo ".  If it works, and if a following `ls' and `rm' on the file
> works as well, everything's fine.  If some error occurs, especially "No
> such file or directory", then that filesystem probably requires special
> handling just like netapp.

Here's another question to those who can reproduce the problem.

What I need is an strace from one netapp and and one nwfs filesystem
when trying to create a file with trailing dots and spaces:
for the following scenarios:

  $ strace -o lame_fs.trace touch 'foo.' 'foo '

This will help to create a workaround for those filesystems.

I only need straces for the *not* working cases.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat