Setup.exe: resets /home symlink to directory when run

Hello everyone,

Apologizes if my question is addressed somewhere. I'm new to Cygwin
and I'm uncertain how to research this question further, so I would
like to turn to this list for help.

In my Cygwin installation I've deleted the /home directory and created
a symlink in its place that links to the Windows "Users" folder, so
that my homedir under Cygwin is the same as my Windows user folder
while retaining the nice and short "/home/[name]" path in Cygwin. This
has worked well except that each time I run setup.exe, at the end of
the update process the /home directory is restored and the symlink is
removed. It's not a big deal to recreate the symlink each time but I'm
wondering, is there a way to suppress this behavior of setup.exe?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Sincerely,
Alex