Re: Error building PowerPC Toolchain with Crosstool-NG in Cygwin

On 09/05/2010 18:08, Jeff Gilton wrote:

> ]    checking for gawk... (cached) gawk[ALL  ]    checking for jar...
> no[ALL  ]    checking for fastjar... no[ALL  ]    checking for gjar...
> gjar[ALL  ]    checking for zip... no[ALL  ]    checking for unzip...
> /usr/bin/unzip[ALL  ]    Exception in thread "main"

> more[ERROR]    configure: error: cannot find neither zip nor jar,
> cannotcontinue[ERROR]    make[2]: *** [configure-target-libjava] Error

  The current release of cygwin java is experimental (read: buggy), and gjar-4
doesn't work, but you ought to have /usr/bin/zip on your system next to
/usr/bin/unzip, and it appears to be missing.

  Restore that from whereever it got lost to (or just reinstall the "zip"
package using setup.exe) and I would expect your build to complete successfully.

    cheers,
      DaveK