Re: cygwin : bash doesn't recognize BackSpace

Dave Korn wrote:
On 27/05/2010 11:48, Andrei Dmitriev wrote:
** Hello,

after I installed the cygwin on May 19 the bash console don't recognize
*********BACKSPACE***** and continue to follow to the right each time I
press BACKSPACE.
Although, seem it actually erases the chars from the left (ENTER says
nothing - so I concluded the command is empty).

MKS tools are interfering with Cygwin, because of these environment variable settings:

TERM = 'nutc'
TERMCAP = 'D:\PROGRA~1\MKSTOO~1\etc\termcap'
TERMINFO = 'D:\PROGRA~1\MKSTOO~1\usr\lib\terminfo'

You need to remove them from the environment, and should set your PATH so it
doesn't have both Cygwin and MKS at the same time.
Ok, I removed mks from my path but the problem persists.
Thanks,
 Andrei

    cheers,
      DaveK