Re: 'cp' utility bug when <dest-name>.exe file exist.

On 6/9/2010 10:29 AM, Eliot Moss wrote:
On 6/9/2010 10:14 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
On 06/09/2010 08:08 AM, Andy Koppe wrote:

But even with that gcc change, we'd have to keep .exe magic in
cygwin1.dll until everything in the distro has been rebuilt without an
.exe suffix.

Maybe this is simplistic, but what about having setup's copying remove .exe from copy targets when installing? Then a fresh install and everything would work. What are the problems with this (admittedly off the cuff) approach?

-- Eliot Moss

(Meant this to go to the this, and on first try sent only to Eric; "my bad".)