Re: Interference with Windows keyboard language

On 29 June 2010 16:01, DEWI - N. Zacharias wrote:
> I had to setup an cygwin environment for a colleague which uses a laptop with Portuguese Keyboard under a English version of Windows and sometimes he also has to use german.
> Under windows the language bar makes it easy to switch between the keyboard layouts.
> I try to find out how to propagate this to Cygwin.
>
> http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/setup-locale.html
>
> mentioned that it is sufficient to set the LANG environment variable to the appropriate value. To do so I have to figure out the actual settings of the language bar.
> Has someone an idea how to solve this ?

Both in the Cygwin console and in mintty, you switch keyboard layout
as in any other Windows application, using the language bar. Please
note that the language bar setting is application-specific, i.e.
different applications can use different layouts, as you'll see when
switching between applications.

The LANG and LC_* settings do not have an effect on the keyboard layout.

Andy