Re: Sendmail linked to cronlog?

That makes better sense.

Just when you are not expecting it and the logic is not clear... }:O>

----- Original Message ----
From: Pierre A. Humblet <Pierre.Humblet@ieee.org>
To: Refr Bruhl <refr_bruhl@yahoo.com>; Cygwin Mail List <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Thu, July 1, 2010 12:33:48 PM
Subject: Re: Sendmail linked to cronlog?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Refr Bruhl"
To: "Cygwin Mail List"
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 13:01
Subject: Sendmail linked to cronlog?

| Ok this is just humorous
|
| While configure was running for mailutils 2.1 I noticed sendmail was in /usr/sbin
|
| Thinking that odd, I had not seen a sendmail option in the set up options I did an ls on it
|
| Its pointing to /usr/bin/cronlog?

Right. That's because cron requires a sendmail and if you install cron on a system
without a mailer then the postinstall script links sendmail to cronlog.
cronlog is written so as to return an error if not called from cron.

If you install ssmtp or exim and run the xxx-config script, it will offer to point
sendmail to ssmtp or exim.

I don't know what mailutils does in that respect.

Pierre