Re: Fwd: unstable behavior with 1.7.5

Hi,

I uninstalled all Logitech stuff and ran rebaseall. The error messages
went away but the freezing up did not.

I found a thread in the cygwin-xfree list from May which describes my
problem and a kludgey fix:

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2010-05/msg00000.html

The kudgey fix is to keep xeyes running in the background to keep the
x11 process from "sleeping" or whatever it's doing, or reverting to an
earlier version.

Interestingly enough I do not have this problem with a newer Windows 7
machine which I just installed on for the first time.

Leigh

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin)
<reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On 7/1/2010 1:20 PM, Leigh Orf wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> I do have Windows Defender and Logitech webcam software on the
>> computer, which I read sometimes conflicted. I disabled the webcam
>> software and am convinced that Defender isn't the problem because it
>> only runs once in a while; however I will disable it if need be.
>
> I wouldn't worry too much about Defender. ?You may need to do more
> than just disable the Logitech driver to disable it. ?Try uninstalling.
>
> The other alternative is rebase. ?Install the package, read the readme,
> and run rebaseall as instructed.
>
> --
> Larry Hall ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?http://www.rfk.com
> RFK Partners, Inc. ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?(508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
> 216 Dalton Rd. ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?(508) 893-9889 - FAX
> Holliston, MA 01746

> A: Yes.
>>
>> Q: Are you sure?
>>>
>>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.

> --
> Problem reports: ? ? ? http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: ? ? ? ? http://cygwin.com/docs.html

Leigh Orf
Associate Professor of Atmospheric Science
Room 130G Engineering and Technology
Department of Geology and Meteorology
Central Michigan University
Mount Pleasant, MI 48859