Re: cron starts multiple commands

Am 20.07.2010, 19:15 Uhr, schrieb matias kaukonen:

I'm using cron to backup my files. The problem is cron seems
to repeat the backup every minute for 5 minutes. Pls refer to my cron file.
SHELL=/bin/bash
PATH=/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/home/lhovey/utils/scripts/:/home/lhovey/backups/:.
time_stamp=$(date +%y.%m.%d-%H)

@daily ./backups/make_backup.bash
Has anyone seen this before with cygwin? Do they know what the fix is for this?

Does the cron service crash and get restarted by your service configuration? Check your system event log, or the output of cronevents for hints.

Does the make_backup script succeed and complete, or does it abort prematurely?

--
Matthias Andree