Re: git and openssh issue (eblake?)

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 11:04:39AM -0500, Jeremy Bopp wrote:
>On 7/22/2010 8:19 PM, Bill Hoffman wrote:
>> On 7/22/2010 6:44 PM, Jeremy Bopp wrote:
>>
>> It is not that unreproducible... It fails maybe 5 out of 6 tries.  If
>> you can get it to work 10 out of 10 times then I would say you don't
>> have the problem.
>
>I'm actually able to reproduce this early EOF error during cloning 100%
>under the following scenario:
>
>$ cd /tmp
>$ git clone --bare git://cmake.org/cmake.git
>$ git clone localhost:/tmp/cmake.git cmake-test
>
>This is all under Cygwin using all binary mounts on Windows XP SP 3.
>Cygwin, ssh, and git are all updated to current versions:
>
>Cygwin Package Information
>Package              Version        Status
>cygwin               1.7.5-1        OK
>git                  1.7.1-1        OK
>openssh              5.5p1-2        OK
>
>I haven't tried the other configurations I mentioned yet, but if there
>is someone who has the ability to debug this in more depth, this looks
>like a quick and readily reproducible test case.

I checked this out and it looks like something in git is overflowing
and scriblling on the stack.  I was hoping that it would be a cygwin
problem which I could fix (and I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually
turned out to be) but I didn't see much evidence of the DLL causing this
problem.  It looks like it is git itself doing something wrong.

Eric do you have the cycles to check this out?  It is pretty easy to
reproduce.

cgf