Re: mkpasswd (434): [31] A device attached to the system is not functioning.

On Sat, Aug 07, 2010 at 01:46:12PM -0700, Linda Walsh wrote:
>Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
>>
>> It's possible, sure.  I expect it's pretty obvious where you might want to
>> make such a change in mkpasswd.c if you're so inclined.
>
>Inclined is FAR from the issue.
>
>I've tried to build cygwin at least 3 times and never been able to get
>it to make.  It's a non-starter.  There are no build instructions
>laying out what is needed to build it.  There seems to be some
>presumption about what I have in my environment, that just isn't so.  I
>mentioned it each time, but received no response -- as though I'm just
>expected to know -- which is the same problem -- assumption of some
>environment that I don't have.

You keep mentioning this as if you're expecting a response which will
provide you with pinpoint instructions to deal with your situation
without the requirement of providing little things like error messages.
"Non-starter" is not a bug report.

We do have a FAQ about building Cygwin so if it is not complete then
what you *should* be doing is offering suggestions about what is missing
rather than just repeated fact-free "I can't build it" complaintes here.

cgf