Re: Postinstall for mintty fails when installing "just for me"

On Aug 18 20:31, Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen sent the following at Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:43 AM
> >
> >That usually just means you don't have admin privs.
>
> For the archive:  That is indeed the case.
>
> >Here's the actual problem:
> >  cygdrive prefix     /         system  binary,noacl,posix=0,auto
> >
> >The cygdrive prefix is set to the mount option "noacl".  So the
> >output from getfacl or ls or stat for this directory shows just fake
> >permissions based on the DOS R/O flag.
> >
> >You're not an admin, so you're not allowed to write to this directory,
> >see the cacls output.  However, since the cygdrive prefix is mounted
> >with "noacl", Cygwin tools just don't know it.
>
> With "acl", I had been getting annoying error messages about copying
> permissions with "cp -p" on some network drives, so I switched
> everything to "noacl".  I'll try switching back to "acl", testing for
> error messages, and going to "noacl" only on drives that seem to have
> problems.

Oh, I didn't say you have to go back to "acl".  I was just pointing out
the fact.

The fact that "noacl" is perfectly valid is something we package
maintainers have to keep in mind when creating postinstall scripts.
Same for case-sensitivity.  *make mental note*

Corinna

Red Hat