Re: SSH - Can't Login (3rd Post)

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Auteria W. Winzer Jr.
<wwinzer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've posted this 3 times now. I'm wondering if anyone from the Cygwin staff is
> receiving it. I've been an outstanding member of the mailing list for a very
> long time. Anyway, here's my issue:
>
> I've set up SSH with no problems in the past, yet when I try to log into itself
> I get the following:

<snip>

Check the following:

ls -la /home/<USER>/.ssh
ls -la /home

Does the .ssh folder have permissions 700 and files within 600?

Do you have "StrictModes yes" in your sshd_conf file? If so, then the
server will ignore the keys in the .ssh sub-directory if the home
directory is writeable by anyone other than the Owner.

slide