Re: Windows-style pathname does not work as command - why?

on Thu, 09 Sep 2010 13:50:08 -0500, Jeremy Bopp <4C892C60.6040704@bopp.net>
attacked their terminal with
+Actually, this function only works if the user has the default cygdrive
+prefix.  This can and often *is* changed, however.  Fortunately, the
+Cygwin developers have had your back on this for a very long time.  Use
+the cygpath program to convert all your paths.  It safely handles
+conversions both to and from POSIX for both absolute and relative paths,
+can convert to short form DOS paths (e.g C:\Progra~1\...), supports
+paths with arbitrary whitespace, can provide many well known paths such
+as the user's Desktop directory, can be run by Windows-native programs,
+and more.

how do you change the default cygdrive path? I figured it was a set-in-stone
kindof thing.

--
Morgan Gangwere
Key ID A8B6F243, available from MIT.

Please excuse me, I have to circuit an AC line through my head to get this
database working.