Re: Oddities with file deletion on CIFS drive

On Sep 11 12:41, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> > >I'm not sure.  I don't think so.  The problem is that the unlink(2)
> > >function in Cygwin does not get any error code from any of the OS
> > >functions it calls.  So, from the Cygwin POV everything worked fine.
> > >How is it supposed to know that anything has gone wrong, if the
> > >underlying OS doesn't tell?
> >
> > Heh, magic I guess.  If I mount the drive as a CIFS drive from a Linux box,
> > I can delete the files just fine, so for now that gives me a workaround
> > (I'll move my deletion process to a Linux box).
>
> This morning I had an idea.  While we were looking into the ACL, we
> neglected the DOS attributes.  When you call `attrib' on one of the
> files for which you didn't call chmod yet, is the R/O attribute set?
>
> If so, it *could* explain why Cygwin thought it has successfully deleted
> the file, but it hasn't.  I also might have a workaround for this.

I've checked in a change which probably fixed your issue.  The only
exception are Cygwin symlinks of the old ".lnk" type, which has more
than one link.  That should occur rather seldom.  Please test the
next developer's snapshot from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat