Re: Making a tailored Cygwin, something between Base and Full

On 2010-09-16 11:59Z, Fergus wrote:
> The best solution to the problem of making a tailored Cygwin installation
>
> Base + select handful of packages
>
> but stopping short of Full (typically, well short of Full) seems to be
> Igor Pechtchanski's offered at
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-01/msg00528.html

I've used that technique in the past, with this customized file:
  http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/lmi/setup.ini
But I haven't tried it since 1.7 was released, because now I find
it much easier to specify selected packages on the command line:

> I have been able to achieve this
> many times in the past by incorporating a single additional paragraph
> into setup.ini, located near the top immediately between the lines
>
> setup-timestamp: xxxxxxxxxx
> and
> @ ELFIO

Then I guess you're modifying Cygwin's setup files instead of
providing an additional ".ini' file on a separate server?