Re: simplifying rebaseall

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 08:01:23PM +0200, Al wrote:
>> I guess for many people cygwin is their first contact with a *NIX like
>> environment, but given your previous knowledge in Linux, it could also
>> have been and option to inspect the package contents:
>>
>> cygcheck -l rebase
>>

>It's not only that many people have in Cygwin their first contact with
>the *NIX world. There is always a point when you have your first
>contact with a new Distro. "cygcheck" will be self-evident for every
>Cygwin insider, but it is foreign for every newcomer, even with 30
>years *NIX experience. I see it here the first time.

If you are using any new distro you have to figure out how to query
package information.  It is not innate ancestral knowledge that comes
from having evolved from hippos.

This discussion seems to boil down to "Someone should add words about
rebaseall to the FAQ".

Anyone want to donate some words and suggest where they should go in
the FAQ?

cgf