rebaseall on [1.7] : first glitch for ages

For the first time for months on my system rebaseall is reporting an error as follows:

M:\>bin\dash
$ /bin/rebaseall
<< whirr away for ages >>
FixImage
(/usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/bin/libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll)
failed with last error = 13
<< halt immediately >>
$

Q1: OS is XP Pro SP3, 32 bit. I always install everything. Can I recover from this rebaseall error by fixing something or should I simply un-install all 64-related packages (and never have installed them in the first place)?

Q2: rebaseall appears not to "skip and move on" when it encounters an error. In this case the whole thing simply halted as soon as this report came up. Can you tell me what actually happens in this kind of circumstance: does it skip-and-move-on or oh-dear-screech-to-a-halt?

Q3: does rebaseall have a tasklist somewhere, that it reads? Or does it simply work its way through bin/ lib/ [and others] looking for executables and .dlls, and do stuff to them?

Thank you.

Fergus