Re: How do I remove/delete sSMTP?

On 10/5/2010 5:15 PM, Blaine Miller wrote:

> I see that it is simply a program. That makes more sense. Thank you!
>
> At this point, I'd rather just remove the application, for now. By
> uninstalling it via setup, this won't effect other programs running on
> the server, correct? I've had to rebuild this server twice already from
> applications that were *supposed* to un-install cleanly. I'm a little
> gun shy...

I'm not sure, that's why I said "if everything reverts fine", meaning I
haven't done it, but I know that cron uses a script if it doesn't find a
MTA (ssmtp, sendmail, exim) I'm not sure if it reverts to using the
script.  Worst case, you can still disable sending messages in crontab:

"If MAILTO is defined but empty (MAILTO=""), no mail will be sent."
--
René Berber