Re: cygwin will not run

> Request:
> Does anyone have suggestions for further diagnostics on this installation?
> I've spent four hours on this so far without achieving even a glimmer on why
> it is failing.

Suggestion: Create new windows user(s) (no whitespace in the name).

Try the setup in the empty account, where nothing can get into your way.

If it works, the problem is in your current user setup.

If it doesn't work the problem is in the windows setup. Either permissions or:
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.bloda

Al

--
Caution crosser: ?Runnig Gentoo/Prefix on Cygwin/Vista.
All stupid questions are related to that context.