Re: nodosfilewarning not working

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 05:49:31PM -0700, Autotoonz wrote:
>Executing scripts with DOS style pathnames causes the following error:
>MS-DOS style path detected
>CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this
>warning.
>Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
>http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
>
>Annoyingly, setting a local environment variable *doesn't* turn off
>this warning, and possibly as a form of punishment to DOS users there
>is no further information in the Help and FAQ.

It's best to eschew the annoyance and conspiracy theories if you don't
completely understand what's going on and actually want help.

>Here is the command line I'm running: C:\cygwin\bin\bash --login
>C:\test\test.sh

Something like this works fine:

c:\>bash
bash$ export CYGWIN=nodosfilewarning
bash$ cat "c:\autoexec.bat"

and so does:

c:\>set CYGWIN=nodosfilewarning
c:\>C:\cygwin\bin\bash --login C:\test\test.sh

You may need to create a .bat file if you want to just do the latter.

cgf