Re: nodosfilewarning not working

On 10/12/2010 09:24 PM, Autotoonz wrote:
Christopher Faylor-8 wrote:
It's best to eschew the annoyance and conspiracy theories if you don't
completely understand what's going on and actually want help.
A fair comment, although I'm still puzzled as to how nobody can explain why
this fails
In order to do that we'd need to know exactly what you are doing. Otherwise we're just guessing. You stated "Here is the command line I'm running: C:\cygwin\bin\bash --login C:\test\test.sh" but you didn't allude to how exactly you are running this. If from Start: Run for example, have you tried just running bash --login and then echo'ing out the $CYGWIN environment variable? Have you tried reading up on what is a local environment variable is, how it is set and how it is in effect under Windows? Because it seems to me it's clear that bash doesn't see $CYGWIN as having nodosfilewarning set into it. If it did it would work. Also note that's a long value - are you sure you have typed it correctly (Sorry I don't have access to Windows right now to check this).
Something like this works fine:

c:\>bash
bash$ export CYGWIN=nodosfilewarning
bash$ cat "c:\autoexec.bat"

Unfortunately we are using batch files to automate the running of scripts
Yes, right. Well stop that! :-)
and so does:

c:\>set CYGWIN=nodosfilewarning
c:\>C:\cygwin\bin\bash --login C:\test\test.sh

You may need to create a .bat file if you want to just do the latter.

As per my original post, this most definitely does *not* work. Have you
tried this yourself yet?
Being as Chris is the project manager for Cygwin (and an all around nice and competent guy) I can pretty much guarantee you that yes he did test it. Wait... He just posted and yes he did do it. This leads me to ask - did you try it? Exactly that, what Chris posted? And if you did and it failed can you provide evidence?