Re: Finding the SONAME for bzip2

> have you checked the bzip2 source package for cygwin ?
> I presume the mantainer already solved it

Yes, I did. He adapted a different Makefile than I plan to use, so I
didn't want to dig to deep into his solution. He uses a big patch for
the main makefile.

However, bzip2 gives the alternative option to use a second Makefile
as addon to the main Makefile. It ships already with
Makefile-libbz2_so and Makefile-libbz2_dylib. I want to create
something like Makefile-cygbz2.

Then I want to anderstand the overall policy for cygwin to be able to
port bigger packages. bzip2 is very small. By this it is a good
candidate to understand the procedure.

Al

--
Caution crosser: ?Runnig Gentoo/Prefix on Cygwin/Vista.
All stupid questions are related to that context.