Cygwin's svn appends unwanted .exe to file name on checkout

Hi everybody,

I am having the problem described in this past mailing list discussion:

Is there any fix or workaround for it that I should know about?  It's wreaking havoc on my automated build machine.  The workaround mentioned (changing the default ACLs) does seem to work, but it will take some time before I can get changes to support that workaround onto the production build server here.

Any suggestions or information will be greatly appreciated!

Why does cygwin want to change file extensions behind my back anyway?

-- Carl