R: 1.7.7: Mercurial 1.5.4 and Python 2.6.5 conflicts?

--- Gio 28/10/10, Alex Royo  ha scritto:

> Hello list,

Hi,
the best place to discuss this problem is the "cygwin",
mailing list.
"cygwin-apps" is mainly for discussion between package
maintainers.

> I updated Cygwin version 1.7.7, Python version 2.6.5 and
> Mercurial
> version 1.5.4 (the latest versions packaged).

same here

$ cygcheck -c cygwin mercurial python
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
cygwin               1.7.7-1        OK
mercurial            1.5.4-1        OK
python               2.6.5-2        OK

> When you run the commands of Hg (Mercurial) that displays
> the following message:
>
> -----------------------------------
> /usr/lib/python2.6/site-package/mercurial/demandimport.py:85:
> DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated, us the
> hashlib
> module instead return _origimport(name, globals, locals,
> fromlist)
> abort: No module named _md5!
> -----------------------------------

No such problem. Mercurial is working fine

> I guess it is packaged for the Cygwin versions of Mercurial
> that
> conflicts with the packaged versions of Python.
>
> Maybe with a newer version of Mercurial correct the
> problem? Is
> posible add a newer version of Mercurial?
>
> Thanks and sorry for my English âthat is possible through
> online translatorsâ
>

> Greetings,
> Alex Royo

Could you follow the