Re: SSH - Can't Login

On 31 October 2010 17:12, Brian Wilson wrote:
> In my case the context was that suddenly ssh stopped working and would only
> give the usage message no matter what I tried. ÂI ran the "cygcheck -svr" and
> noted that I did not have the latest Cygwin (1.7.7) installed even though
> running setup said there was nothing needed.

Which probably means that you'd tried to update the cygwin package
while a Cygwin process was running, told it to skip it when setup.exe
complained about it, and forgot to reboot to trigger the delayed
update. There have been reports of the delayed update not working
under some circumstances, but nothing definitive.

Andy