Re: perl debugger v5.10.1 in CYGWIN_NT-5.1 1.7.7(0.230/5/3) 2010/-08-31 -- is hanging

Justin Amburn schrieb:
You have a wrong PERL5LIB=C:\Program Files\ActiveState Perl Dev Kit>6.0\lib + oracle in your env

Please unset PERL5LIB if you want to use cygwin perl.

Thanks for the reply, Reini. Unsetting PERL5LIB, however, hasn't made the perl debugger stop hanging. In addition, I installed Cygwin
> on another computer where perl debugger works, and started comparing
environment variables line by line. This is what I have so far in my
non-working environment, after cleaning up the variables:

$ env
HOMEPATH=\Documents and Settings\justin
MANPATH=/usr/local/man:/usr/share/man:/usr/man:
APPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\justin\Application Data
PERLDB_OPTS=RemotePort=127.0.0.1:2000

RemotePort debugging? That looks now like a different problem. I remember vaguely that this was just fixed recently.

Are you sure that you have a debug server running at port 2000? Looks like ActiveState Perl Dev Kit uses such a beast, and therefore they cannot talk.

Do you really need that? (In only know komodo, mod_perl, Enbugger injection)
unset it if in doubt.

2010/11/10 Justin Amburn:
Perl debugger was working at one time, but it's not now. I've tried
searching google and cygin mailing list archives for a solution, but
there's not much on the matter. I renamed C:\cygwin to C:\cygwin.0 and
did a clean install of the latest version of Cygwin. The problem
persists in the new installation.

-- Reini Urban http://phpwiki.org/ http://murbreak.at/