Re: NetAPP / cygwin 1.7.7-1 avoid Recycle BIN dot files

On Nov 17 16:01, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Nov 17 15:16, koerner.sebastian@t-online.de wrote:
> >  Hi Corinna,
> >
> >  > Try the latest developer snapshot from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/
> > I used the one from Nov 2th. No change. Dotfiles are created and the
> > mount does not say "netapp"
> >
> >  Anyway, if the latest snapshot does not solve your problem, install
> >  the csih package from the distro (probably you already have it) and
> >  run
> >
> >  $ cd <path-to-some-directory-on-the-netapp>
> >  $ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo . <-- note the dot
> >  bash-3.2$ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo .
> > Device Type        : 7
> >  Characteristics    : 10
> >  Volume Name        : <shr1>
> >  Serial Number      : 133445
> >  Max Filenamelength : 255
> >  Filesystemname     : <FAT>
> >  Flags              : 40007
> >     FILE_CASE_SENSITIVE_SEARCH  : TRUE
> >     FILE_CASE_PRESERVED_NAMES   : TRUE
> >     FILE_UNICODE_ON_DISK        : TRUE
> >     FILE_PERSISTENT_ACLS        : FALSE
> >     FILE_FILE_COMPRESSION       : FALSE
> >     FILE_VOLUME_QUOTAS          : FALSE
> >     FILE_SUPPORTS_SPARSE_FILES  : FALSE
> >     FILE_SUPPORTS_REPARSE_POINTS: FALSE
> >     FILE_SUPPORTS_REMOTE_STORAGE: FALSE
> >     FILE_VOLUME_IS_COMPRESSED   : FALSE
> >     FILE_SUPPORTS_OBJECT_IDS    : FALSE
> >     FILE_SUPPORTS_ENCRYPTION    : FALSE
> >     FILE_NAMED_STREAMS          : TRUE
> >     FILE_READ_ONLY_VOLUME       : FALSE
> >     FILE_SEQUENTIAL_WRITE_ONCE  : FALSE
> >     FILE_SUPPORTS_TRANSACTIONS  : FALSE
> >  bash-3.2$ pwd
> >  /cygdrive/s
> >  bash-3.2$
> >
> > Maybe there is an unhappy coincidence with the netapps and this is a
> > race condition between find -exec and rmdir that did not occur before
> > 1.7?
>
> No it's not.  The problem is the fact that *this* netapp fakes to be FAT.
> Right now Cygwin only recognizes Netapps which report to be "NTFS".
>
> I'll see what I can do.

Oh, btw.  In your OP you claimed that you have netapps for which Cygwin
returns "cifs" and other netapps for which Cygwin returns "vfat" as
filesystem.  The above one is clearly one of the "cifs" type.

Here's the question: Do you *really* have some for which the latest
Cygwin 1.7.7 or the latest snapshot returns "vfat" and are they *really*
netapps?  In theory I'd expect that those are just remote FAT FS on some
remote Windows machine, and they shouldn't be affected by the reported
problem.

If they are actually netapps, there's very likely no chance at all to
recognize those as netapps from Cygwin.  We only have a chance if the
combination of flags is different from the combination of flags of a
real remote FAT filesystem and consequentially we can't have unlink
react differently.

For the sake of completeness, *if* Cygwin 1.7.7 or later really returns
"vfat" for a netapp filesystem, please send the getVolInfo info for
that drive as well.

Corinna

Red Hat