Re: Library missing, but do not know which one :-( [attn bc maintainer]

On 02/03/2011 12:50 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> 'cygcheck bc' should tell you which DLL is missing.  Looking at the list,
> there's not allot that's Cygwin there:
>
>   C:\bin\cygreadline6.dll
>     C:\bin\cygncurses-9.dll
>       C:\bin\cyggcc_s-1.dll
>
> And of course cygwin1.dll.  Aircrack has installed one of those but it
> looks
> like it's sufficiently separated.  If you can't find any other culprit, you
> can try removing this though.
>
> Looks to me, though, like you're missing the libncurses9 package.  I'd try
> that.

Aha.  Bash used to pull in libncurses9 by default, but now it pulls in
libncursesw10.  This is a setup.hint issue; bc was listing libncurses8
instead of libncurses9.  I've updated the hint on cygwin's site, but the
maintainer needs to fix it locally for the next time bc is updated
(which hopefully is sooner than later, since even libncurses9 is out of
date).