Re: A bug with UTF-8 output in a console

On Feb  7 01:31, Bengt Larsson wrote:
> I think I have found a bug with UTF-8 output in a console in a UTF-8
> locale ("C.UTF-8"). If an UTF-8 character straddles a write() boundary,
> then the output gets garbled.
>
> An example program is attached.

Thanks for the testcase!

I think I fixed the problem in CVS.  The handling of truncated multibyte
sequences missed to print the so far collected full multibyte sequences.
Instead it just returned.  Weird that this hasn't been encountered before,
but I assume that's because most people started to use mintty instead
of the console.

Thanks again,
Corinna

Red Hat