Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: OpenSSH-5.8p1-1

On 2/8/2011 4:42 PM, Hans Horn wrote:
On Feb 8 16:02, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
On 2/8/2011 3:54 PM, Hans Horn wrote:
Corinna,

Last week I updated openssh to 5.7p1-1, just to realize that I cannot connect
anymore. Reverting to 5.6p1-2 solved the issue.

Saturday I updated to 5.8p1-1 finding the same failure to connect as with
5.7p1-1. Unfortunately 5.6p1-2 is not among the setup choices anymore.

How can I get openssh 5.6p1-2 back?

If you're only interested in how to get back to 5.6, you could try the "Cygwin Time Machine". Google for it. You might also have it locally in your download directory. You could point 'setup.exe' there and install from it instead of the network mirror.

But, of course, it would be more helpful in the long run if you would try to track down the problem. I'm using 5.7p1 and 5.8p1 without any problems, as client as well as server. If you go back to 5.6p1, you switch off yourself from further development. If there's some bug or incompatibility in your setup, you will never find it. If there's a bug in OpenSSH, it might never be found either.

Corinna

Trying some of the more recent revisions listed on the "Cygwin Time Machine". e.g. ftp://www.fruitbat.org/pub/cygwin/circa/2011/01/11/194023

All give me "Unable to get ...setup.bz2.sig" and
then "Unable to get ...setup.ini.sig".

What gives?

That's a question for the Cygwin Time Machine site. Despite the fact that it uses the name "Cygwin", that site and service is not supported by this list.

--
Larry