emacsclient problem

Hello,

I am attempting to use the cygwin version of emacs and emacsclient, however I am running into an issue. The scenario that I am attempting is as follows:

1. Launching emacs from mintty (both of which were installed from the cygwin installer).
2. A simple init.el inside the .emacs.d directory that looks like this (http://pastie.org/1590067).
3. Background emacs with C-z
4. Launch emacsclient somefile.txt to edit the file.

When I perform step 4, the command prompt doesn't appear to invoke emacsclient, the display does not change, and I do not see the file I am attempting to view. I have to issue a C-c to break the prompt back to normal user input.

Version Information:
mintty:      0.9.5
emacs:       23.2.1
emacsclient: 23.2

Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be the cause of this behavior? Should this in fact work? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

--
Nick Parker
www.developernotes.com