Re: Problems with Cygwin-1.7.8 (or snapshot) and TeXLive 2010

On Mar  7 20:12, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Mar  7 18:00, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> > Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > >Ok, I found a simpler testcase.
> >
> > Thanks for you work and your patience...
> >
> > >Please do NOT quote raw email addresses.
> >
> > Usually I remove always that... not this time. I apologize..
> >
> > ..and, what about David's report (*)? I am just curios..
>
> I have no idea.  I guess it's the same underlying problem.  I still
> have no idea why the GetSecurityInfo call fails.  There's no visible
> logic to this problem.

I found the problem, or at least I could narrow down the effect.  It
occurs only on XP and Server 2003, afaics, on 32 as well as on 64 bit
versions.  Hard to explain.  For the curious, just have a look into
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2011-03/msg00027.html

I applied a patch to CVS and just uploaded a new snapshot to
http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

Please give it a try.  David, this is for you, too.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat