Re: Compiled program does nothing when executing it under Cygwin

On Mar 11 15:14, Greg Chicares wrote:
> On 2011-03-11 14:56Z, Mengsk wrote:
> >
> [...previously-compiled program stopped working after partial Cygwin upgrade...]
> >
> > "Cannot find entry point _feinitialise in dynamic link library cygwin1.dll"
>
> Try rebuilding your program from scratch. It sounds like the cygwin1.dll you
> now have (after the upgrade) is a different version than the program expects.

Sounds like an executable built under 1.7.8 trying to be run under an
earlier version.

Dave, is it really necessary to call _feinitialise in crt0.c?

We usally have new entry points in newer versions of Cygwin, and we
don't guarantee that applications build under newer DLLs will not run
under older DLLs.  However, that doesn'usually mean that these
applications never work, only if they use one of the new entry points.

With _feinitialise called from crt0.c apps build under 1.7.8 can never
work under earlier DLLs.  So my question is, isn't it sufficient to call
_feinitialise from _dll_crt0?

Corinna

Red Hat