Re: How do I add a follow-on post to a thread in this mailing list?

Peter Binney writes:
[..no <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU> today please, reformatted..]
> >> But that reply has not appeared (though I got no delivery error
> >> message).
> >
> > You might be able to save the "Raw text" version to disk and open it
> > within your email client. Click "reply" and the correct headers will be
> > included.
>
> Many thanks - I'm using gmail. Any idea how I would do that with it?
>
> Also, is there no way then to join into a thread unless one has access
> to a mail from the mailing list?

I can't answer your gmail question.  But here's an alternative: read the list
and write followups using gmane.  See <http://news.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin>.
I actually do something a little different: read the list using the archives
<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/> but use gmane to followup.
HTH,

..mark

--
You never know what is enough until you know what is more than enough.
    -- William Blake