Re: GraphicsMagick build on cygwin

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 4:27 PM, john grant  wrote:
> Hi Marco,
> I've attached the file. I made it in GIMP by cropping an image made by my
> digital Kodak camera. Thanks for looking into this problem,
> John
>
> ________________________________

John,
on my Windows xp, I have no problem on reading the image

octave:3> a=imfinfo("office_lowres.JPG")
warning: your version of GraphicsMagick limits images to 16 bits per pixel
a =

  scalar structure containing the fields:

    Filename = /tmp/octave/office_lowres.JPG
    FileModDate = 21-Mar-2011 16:40:37
    FileSize =  48961
    Height =  300
    Width =  400
    BitDepth =  8
    Format = JPEG
    LongFormat = Joint Photographic Experts Group JFIF format
    XResolution =  72
    YResolution =  72
    TotalColors =  21765
    TileName =
    AnimationDelay = 0
    AnimationIterations = 0
    ByteOrder = undefined
    Gamma = 0
    Matte = 0
    ModulusDepth =  8
    Quality =  75
    QuantizeColors =  256
    ResolutionUnits = undefined
    ColorType = truecolor
    View =

$ cygcheck -c octave GraphicsMagick
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
GraphicsMagick       1.3.12-1       OK
octave               3.4.0-2        OK

are you sure that the permissions on the file are correct ?

Marco