Symlink to drive and space in directory name leads to DOS warning

When I try to do a tab-completion on a directory with a space in it for the first time after starting Cygwin, I get a DOS warning even though I'm not using a DOS path. This only seems to happen when I access the directory through a symlink I have to my E: drive, like so:

thrall@pc1163-8413-xp ~
$ pushd ~/myuserdrv/My\ Downcygwin warning:
  MS-DOS style path detected: ~/myuserdrv/My\ Downloads
  Preferred POSIX equivalent is: ~/myuserdrv/My/ Downloads
  CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.
  Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
    http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
loads
~/myuserdrv/My Downloads ~
thrall@pc1163-8413-xp ~/myuserdrv/My Downloads
$ ls -l ~/myuserdrv
lrwxrwxrwx 1 thrall Users 11 Jul 16  2008 /home/thrall/myuserdrv -> /cygdrive/e

Note also that /home/thrall is mounted from E:/home/thrall; if I copy the myuserdrv symlink to /tmp (which is not on E:), then I don't get the DOS warning when I do tab-completion on /tmp/myuserdrv/My\ Downloads.

A single warning every time I reboot isn't a big deal, but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone was interested in investigating.

cygcheck.out attached.
--
Bryan Thrall
FlightSafety International